Marketers who plan appropriately significantly increase their likelihood of success. Seems like a novel concept right?
You’d think so, but unfortunately the day-to-day grind can cause many marketers to lose sight of what’s important and essential for content marketing success. In today’s competitive landscape, everything from your strategy to the actual content experience and the way that you amplify content that is created (or co-created) are key factors in the success of your content program.
To help you take your content to new heights, we have topped into some of the top B2B and B2C marketing minds that will be speaking at this year’s Content Marketing World conference in September. Over the past months we have published a series of eBooks that take a deep dive into the content skills and tactics necessary to meet the needs of the modern customer.
We have also pulled some of the top insights from each of these eBooks into the infographic below for you to keep on hand as a guide for content marketing success. Let this handy in-flight content guide serve as a visual reminder of just what it takes to succeed in content marketing today.
Part 1: Prepping for Your Content Marketing Expedition
Figure out what makes you, your team, and your customers unique. @jayacunzo Click To Tweet
You have a story YOU want to tell, but does your audience care to hear it? @buyerpersona Click To Tweet
Adapt and be fluid with your content scheduling. @amandatodo Click To Tweet
Don’t be so wedded to a content schedule that you miss opportunities in your industry. @markwschaefer Click To Tweet
People are hesitant to contribute content is because they don’t know what to write about. @timwasher Click To Tweet
Part 2: Creating a Memorable Content Experience
Build content based on what they want rather than what you think they want! @IanCleary Click To Tweet
Make the audience the hero of the story you’re telling. @ardath421 Click To Tweet
A great content experience starts with a story! @BrennerMichael Click To Tweet
Be Useful. Address the why, the what’s in it for me? for your reader. @JillianHillard Click To Tweet
Develop next-level, pathological empathy for your audience. @MarketingProfs Click To Tweet
Part 3: Making the Most of Your Content Journey
Paid social can help marketers greatly improve their reach and engagement. @justinlevy Click To Tweet
For great distribution, co-creation with influencers is the solution. @leeodden Click To Tweet
Content that is engaging and optimizes the user’s experience is key. Zerlina Jackson Click To Tweet
Work with top experts to co-create content to increase amplification & engagement. @AmishaGandhi Click To Tweet
Better work inherently drives deeper engagement. @Robert_Rose Click To Tweet
Hungry for More Content Marketing Insights?
Below are some additional snackable statistics pulled from Content Marketing Institute and MarketingProfs’ 2017 B2B and B2C Content Marketing reports:
Snackable B2B Stats
- 28% of B2B companies are in the sophisticated/mature phase of content marketing
- 55% B2B of companies have small content marketing teams serving the entire organization
- 42% B2B of companies have experienced management changes that have had a positive impact on the organization’s content marketing
- 89% of B2B Marketers use content marketing
- 55% of B2B companies have a small (or one-person) marketing/content marketing team that serves the entire organization
- 63% of B2B companies are extremely or very committed to content marketing
- 62% of B2B companies are much more or somewhat more successful with content marketing than they were one year ago
- 30% of B2B Marketers say it is not clear what an effective or successful content marketing program looks like
Snackable B2B Stats
- 30% of B2C companies are in the sophisticated/mature phase of content marketing maturity
- 49% of B2C companies have a small content marketing team serving the entire organization
- 86% of B2C Marketers are using content marketing
- 49% of B2C companies have a small (or one-person) marketing/content marketing team that serves the entire organization
- 60% of B2C companies are extremely or very committed to content marketing
- 25% of B2C companies are extremely or very successful with their overall approach to content marketing
- 33% of B2C companies are not clear on what effective or successful content marketing programs look like
To gain access to insights from all 41 Content Marketing World speakers, be sure to download the full series!